Just got home … Saw an accident with a truck carrying maxi-pads.
If this isn’t an eye-opener, I don’t know what is.
So, thanks to R. Neal you have some juicy goodness here:
The Sunday “why aren’t you wearing a flag pin?” edition of the TennViews intermittently weekly blog roundup showcasing the best bloggers in Tennessee and what they are talking about…
• 55-40 Memphis: I’m a Hillary-hater now
• Carole Borges: Hillary please do go gently into that good night
• Cup of Joe Powell: Search For Terrorism in TN Nets Seatbelt Violations , plus: this is not a pipe.
• Enclave: Beth Harwell has no interest in protecting Tennessee kids from dangerous toys (wonder why?), and any effort to regulate dangerous toys at the state level usurps the federal government’s right to not regulate dangerous toys.
• Fletch: See Chattanooga on a Segway, plus Temple of the Gods: When the temple is occupied, the gods will command a magnificent air-conditioned vista of downtown, the Tennessee River, and Lookout Mountain, while processing the paperwork and making life and death financial and health decisions for the mere mortals down below who pay their tithes to the gods.
• Lean Left: McCain Opposed To New Benefits for Veterans, plus: Lean Left: You don’t stop doing business with Pizza Hut because you don’t like their corporate policies. You stop doing business with Pizza Hut because they have sh**ty pizza.
• Left of the Dial: No Deal
• Left Wing Cracker: It’s time for some MISSIONARY work, my Democratic brothers and sisters, plus: Democrats for LAMAR!
• NewsComa: Now famous in Pakistan.
• Progressive Nashville: Lamar Alexander Votes To Deny Justice to Tennessee Workers: Alexander and Corker both feel safe in their seats, so they had the freedom to vote party line over common sense. They should both be ashamed. Plus: What do coral snake bites and German rooftops have in common? Hint: the so-called free market.
• Resonance: Is Conspicuous Consumption Out? Plus, People Get Outraged Over The Silliest Things: And somewhere near the bottom of the list would be the horror of having my precious snowflake exposed to a few seconds of Spanish over the school public address system one day a year.
• Russ McBee: McCain’s Pander Bus stops in New Orleans, lies to the Lower 9th. Plus: happy blogiversary!
• Sharon Cobb: Reverend Jeremiah Wright Gives First Interview: I bring all of this up to underscore how much your average white person does not know about the black churches, and how Rev. Wright is going to get his words twisted. Plus: Hillary Clinton Runs Her Campaign Like A Republican, And It Will Backfire
• Silence Isn’t Golden: Dear Senator Obama: Hi. I know you’re busy right now, and you’ve got a lot on your mind. But if you can spare a few minutes, then for God’s sake, call this woman! Bonus: Awesome spring break, Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3. (And the amazing thing is, she still found time to blog for Obama!)
• Tennessee Guerilla Women: Chelsea Clinton at Duke On Hillary’s Position On Feminist Issues: In the video clip below, Chelsea Clinton campaigns at North Carolina’s Duke University (on Equal Pay Day) and points out that numerous feminist, um, human rights bills fail to pass in even a Democratic Congress.NY Times Whines: Hillary Made Politics Mean! Plus:
• Whites Creek Journal: No She Can’t: Ohmygod!!! Obama is Willard Scott! Plus: Pictures from the Morning Hike: My yard is a bit unusual, lying in three counties and two time zones, and having over 800 feet of elevation change from bottom to top.
• Women’s Health News: Drug-Addicted Women Need Medical Care, Not Jail Plus: Happy Earth Day – Alternative & Reusable Menstrual Products
UPDATE: Also, Don Williams.