Gone Country To Tape In ParisMay 8, 2008 - Author: newscoma - Comments are closed
I’m speechless and sort of weirded out about this which is happening to the county next to mine.
Here’s some background, a show I’ve never heard of until yesterday called “Gone Country” which is going to be filming in Paris Saturday.
A demolition derby, mind you, featuring these people, from the press release, mind you:
• Jermaine Jackson, one of Michael Jackson’s older brothers who was a big part of the Jackson 5’s success in the early 1970s and has had a sterling career himself as a solo performer.
• Sebastian Bach, former lead singer of the rock group Skid Row, which had the hits “18 & Life” and “I Remember You” in the late 1980s and early 1990s.
• Irene Cara, a singer/actress who starred in the movie “Fame” and later sang the song “What A Feeling,” from the movie “Flashdance.”
• Mikalah Gordon, a former finalist on “American Idol.”
• Chris Kirkpatrick, a former member of the boy band ’NSync.
• Lorenzo Lamas, an actor who starred in “Falcon Crest” and recently in the soap opera “The Bold and The Beautiful.”
• Sean Young, an actress who has been in many films, including “No Way Out,” “Blade Runner,” and “Ace Ventura, Pet Detective.”
So, they send the presser out and ask for people to attend so they can have all that reality in reality television and screaming fans for these folks. I had to look two of ‘em up cause I didn’t know who they were.
A demolition derby? Listen, I get that they want to do the big stereotype thing and all, but I’ve lived a good portion of my life in rural America and I’ve never been to a demolition derby.
I have been to lawnmower races, but that’s a different thing indeed.