As Silence says, we are going to have to get out our checkbooks in this great state of Tennessee due to the TVA environmental nightmare in east Tennessee. If you don’t want to read this, go look at this picture of a bunch of animals. Go look at it anyway.
I have some advice.
- Let the oil companies pay for the autobailout. They made record amounts of money this year. it’s situations like the TVA coal incident that require money. Oil companies can give cash because they NEED the cars.
- Let TVA’s budget pay for clean-up and the health issues that are going to come out of ash being everywhere. Let people see it for themselves. If they choose to go to Harriman and they are arrested/detained, it looks like a friggin’ coverup. Is it?
- Mainstream Media across the country, hear me now: Yeah, yeah, I know it’s just Tennessee but it’s still an environmental disaster in this country. You know, the United States of America where we all live. Do you guys think we just have Elvis’ ghost and Dolly Parton here in Tennesse. Sheesh. MSM receives the asshat/wanker award for the month. Maybe the year but they’ve done so much.
- From a news perspective, citizen journalism has pawned national MSM on this one. If MSM was worried before, they should be terrified now. Twitter owned you on this one.
- Why does the common man have to be accountable and corporations/big government doesn’t?
- There are so many good posts out there right now covering this in the blogosphere that it would be hard to list them all. Head to Cuppa, Nashville is Talking, Silence’s, Enclave, Southern Beale, RoaneViews and others for their commendable coverage of something that effects this entire region.
- And remember, new blogs on important issues like this can be started within minutes. And they have been.
I’m done with my rant.